Paying to save is my mantra! We all have something to live by or for. My purpose is to share my knowledge and expertise about how to get bargains, where to get them and how to use them to your advantage. As a new mom "paying to save" is my solution to getting what I desire at discounted prices for beauty, jewelry, clothing, accessories, services, travel deals and saves. Drive by for the latest coupon and promotional codes that are updated weekly.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
5 Ways To Live Rich With More Saved!
The first mention of the word "rich" to anyone often evokes images of money and extreme wealth. Let's face it in today's society rich is in because who wants to live in squalor if they can help it. In my world, the notion of rich means spending wisely to have more money for the wants and necessities in life . You can still live fabulously with a little frugality.
About four years ago when I moved to Charlotte, NC to teach I had an AHA! moment about living rich. An inner voice...seriously that inner voice we sometimes hear but don't listen to told me to (1) save all my single dollar bills and loose coins daily. I did it too! The three years I lived in Charlotte each save from hoarding singles and coins ranged between $180-$400.
When I cruised in '09 with my then best friend (2) my save was about $380 which I took as additional spending money on our 7 day cruise. On another occasion, about a year ago (3) I took about $350 from a save and opened up a basic checking account at a local federal credit union.
Last summer, a late August beach trip to Myrtle Beach, SC for my birthday was executed using my live rich mantra. First, I love booking hotels on Orbitz.com. I went on the site checked the availability and prices for 3 star, 4 star and 5 star hotels. Then, I went to one of my fave sites for coupons and deals, Savings.com.
(4) On Savings.com I found a promo code for Orbitz that took off about 30-40% . I stayed in an oceanfront deluxe room with full kitchen and 2 queen beds at a 3 star hotel for two nights, all for under $100. (5) On the same trip I used printable coupons from Coupons.com and Southernsavers.com websites to cut down expense of my grocery bill while at beach.
Take it from me you can live rich while saving and spending frugally and still be fabulous! I do it on a daily basis.
Yours in Savings,
MFrugalista
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment